What is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that may lessen the area stress of liquid and generate a considerable volume of uniform and secure foam, that is utilized to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is really a substance that may make its aqueous solution produce a massive amount of foam when mechanical force is introduced directly into the air. This type of material is really a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of a Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it cannot be a foaming agent. Surface activity is the core of foaming.
The purpose of cement foaming agent
The primary purpose of a cement foaming agent would be to promote the foaming of cement paste to create lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, resulting in the cement slurry to get a huge number of pores throughout the construction process, thereby reducing the density of concrete and rendering it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, and other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents can also improve the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. Furthermore, cement foaming agents can also improve the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it simpler to build and shape.
12 features and advantages of foaming agent
- It provides compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the needs. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this challenge. , a alternative to traditional insulation materials
- It is actually lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively cuts down on the load from the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, while the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Boost the stability and life from the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer includes a high amount of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making sure the indoor floor is flat rather than cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times those of the benzene board. It is made of perlite particles. A lot more than five times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, that is 20-30 times those of ordinary cement.
- It provides good compressive strength: when the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: There will be no condensation across the warm water pipes during heating, and you will have no splitting between the layers.
- Good bonding: The material utilized in foamed cement is cement, that has a superb bond using the upper and lower layers and definately will not cause hollowing or collapse from the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and can be combined entirely using the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to form a whole.
- It provides an anti-permeability effect: Due to the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is more than six times stronger compared to ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is an inorganic material (cement) that does not burn and thus has good fire resistance. When applied to buildings, it may improve the fireproof performance from the building.
Do you know the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and is generated via a selection of complicated chain reactions. The product is really a pure and clear oily liquid having a light yellow color. It is far from responsive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and does not contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, tough to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to help make foamed cement has got the features of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, therefore it is commonly found in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices could be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin because the primary raw material and is made through several hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is actually produced using imported advanced equipment and also the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented throughout the production process. The product is really a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, audio quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and ideal foam stability; this is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Due to the high surface strength from the foam produced by this foaming agent, the foam is extremely stable. The bubbles from the foamed cement made out of it will be in a closed state independent of every other, and there is absolutely no link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance from the foamed cement products is extremely high. In the same density, compared with foamed cement made out of plant-based foaming agents, it has better sealing as well as heat preservation properties and higher strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction area
Cement foaming agents are widely used in the construction area and are mainly utilized to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. These are widely used in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, and other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road area
Cement foaming agents can also be utilized in the broad area and are mainly utilized to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and can reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge area
Cement foaming agents can also be utilized in the bridge area, mainly utilized to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which can detect the weight from the bridge and extend the service life from the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
High Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is really a supplier of concrete additives, which are concrete foaming agent and relative products with more than 12 years expertise in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. If you are looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])